On August 13, the TWU contract negotiating committee reached a tentative agreement with Envoy Air.
TWU President John Samuelsen said, “Coming out the bankruptcy, Envoy Fleet Service members were handcuffed to a horrible labor agreement. Your negotiating team fought to bring back a tentative agreement that returned to pre-bankruptcy contract language or better. Additional gains were also made in several key areas of the contract.”
“The union fought back in these negotiations, giving our members immediate wage increases throughout the pay scales, including double-digit pay raises at nearly every pay step, with a 34% increase for the majority of the members at top-of-scale,” said TWU International Vice President and Air Division Director Gary Peterson.
The tentative agreement provides for a five-year contract with substantial pay increases and added improvements to the current contract.
Here are some key highlights of the tentative agreement:
- Station work protection provisions for LGA & RDU
- Substantial pay increases (wage scale below)
- Crew Chief premium increased to $1.75 per hour
- Pay increases of 2% at DOS+12, +24, +36 and +48 months
- Vacation: 1-5 years of service – 80 hour
5-14 years of service – 120 hours
15+ years of service – 160 hours
-Improved personal vacation days (PVD) language.
- Holidays: -2 times the base rate of pay for Holidays worked
– If you off on the Holiday, you will be paid at the base rate of pay.
- Sick Leave: -New monthly sick bank accrual.
-Full sick bank payout (720 hours max) upon retirement at 100% of employees base rate of pay
- Overtime: -Two times the base rate of pay after 12 hours on an eight-hour shift, 14 on a ten hour shift
-Two times the base rate of pay on an employee’s second or third day off provided he has worked 40 hours in the week and has worked his first day off.
-New language for 4 revenue premium days paid at one and a half the base rate of pay for all hours worked.
- General: -New employee uniform allotment language.
-New yearly uniform credit for each employee.
- Grievance Procedure: -Improved grievance procedures
-New mediation process language
- System Boards: -Elimination of the 4-member system board