Working Women’s Committee
1. The term for Co-Chair is two (2) years. The new Co-Chairs will be elected at the end of the two years. They will take their position the following year.
2. All members wanting to run for Co-Chair must have their Local President’s approval in writing before the elections. All leters must be received by October 16, 2023 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If selected, members are not allowed to run two terms consecutively.
4. All members must have atended at least three consecutive meetings, not including the meeting in October 2023. July 2022, November 2022, and March 2023 would be three straight meetings to run for Co-Chair.
5. There will be one Co-Chair elected from each division: Transit, Utilities, Universities, and Service (TUUS), Rail, and Air. You may run for the Co-Chair in your division only.
6. All candidates must be in good standing at their local.
7. Every local will have one designated representative voting for one Co-Chair from each division. Please submit the designee to email@example.com by October 23, 2023.
All approval leters from the Local President must be sent to the Working Women’s Commitee email at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2023.
To educate and encourage the Working Women’s Committee membership on what challenges they may encounter to become more active in their local union.
To work with the hosng local from beginning to end (i.e. initial planning, setting up on site of meeting). To assist in whatever they will need help with from the committee.
Be available to atend Co-Chair meetings (by phone or in-person).
To support the Chair and Director with developing guidelines and materials needed for the success of all meetings.
To interact with the membership, listen to their ideas, and bring them back to discuss for upcoming meetings.