Sisters and Brothers:
The Joint Association Mechanic & Related/Stores and Fleet Negotiating Committees met with American Airlines this week in Dallas. Updates from both committees are below.
The following negotiation dates have been scheduled for the remainder of the year:
Week of November 7 – LAS Week of November 14 – DFW
Week of December 5 – DCA Week of December 12 – LAS
Fleet Service Udpate
During this week’s session, the following articles were exchanged and discussed:
- Overtime – We exchanged our counter proposal with the company and are awaiting their response. The major issues include: how overtime is proffered and recorded, premium rates, and qualifiers.
- Vacations – We exchanged our counter proposal with the company and are awaiting their response. The issues have been narrowed down to vacation accrual and vacation selections for bidding.
- Part-Time Employees – We exchanged our counter proposal and received the company’s counter proposal. The only issue remaining is the part-time employee ratio.
- Limited Duty – We did not exchange a proposal with the company during this session; we are currently finalizing our counter proposal.
- Reduction in Force – We received the company’s proposal on this article and held discussions; there was no agreement on the company’s proposal as it does not afford our membership the right opportunities to further their employment options.
- Recall – We received the company’s proposal on this article and there is no agreement at this time.
There has been no exchange of proposals regarding Recognition and Scope, Medical Benefits, Retirement Benefits, Seniority, Transfers/Vacancies, Classifications, and new Compensation Rates.
|Shift Differential||Preamble||Training, Travel Pay, Meal Per Diem|
|Grievance Procedures||Leaves of Absence||Meal Periods|
|Representation||Field Work||System Board of Adjustment|
|Uniforms||Absence from Duty||No strike / No Lockout|
|Fitness for Duty||Bulletin Boards||Probation|
|Safety & Health||Purpose of Agreement||Termination of Employment|
|Shift Trades||Furlough Benefits||Work Schedules|
|Mike Baskett||Mike Fairbanks||Pete Hogan||Tim Hughes|
|Steve Miller||Brian Oyer||Pat Rezler||Art Risley|
|Andre Sutton||Rodney Walker||Bill Wilson||Tim Murphy|
Mechanic & Related Stores
During this week’s session, the committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:
- Hours of Service M&R & MLS – We continue to work on this article and are moving closer to an agreement. We have reached tentative agreements on the sections of Hours of Service article outlined below.
- Rebid M&R & MLS – We have reached a tentative agreement on this section.
- Ten hour shifts M&R – We have reached a tentative agreement on this section for both implementing and eliminating ten-hour shifts.
- Ten hour shifts MLS – We have reached a tentative agreement on this section (unchanged).
- Realignment M&R & MLS – We have reached a tentative agreement on this section.
- Reduction in Force M&R & MLS – We have reached a tentative agreement on this section.
- Recall M&R & MLS – We have reached a tentative agreement on this section.
- Overtime – M&R – We did not exchange or discuss this article in this session. We remain steadfast in our positions on NO mandatory overtime, limiting job continuation and pay for overtime bypass.
- We are also working through the overtime distribution procedures; particularly how the overtime will be called.
- Vacation – M&R & MLS – We are awaiting the company to respond to our proposal.
- Vacation – MCT – We have not yet received a counter proposal from the company on this article.
- Holidays – M&R, MLS, MTS and MCT – We have narrowed this article down to holiday payment. We did not receive a proposal from the company this week.
- Limited Duty- M&R, MLS, MTS and MCT – We did not exchange or discuss this article in this week’s session.
|Purpose||Preamble||Safety & Health|
|Bulletin Boards||Uniforms||MCT-Dress Attire|
|Sick Leave||Leaves of Absence||Part Time Employees/Eliminated|
|Absence from Duty||Representation||Probationary Period|
|Management Rights||No strike / No Lockout||Fitness for Duty|
|Recognition of Rights
|System Board of
|Furlough/Severance||Termination of Employment/Eliminated||Field Trip/Travel Pay|
|Shift Swaps (Change of Shift)||Training: M&R MCT MLS||Shift Swap MCT|
|Rebids, Hours of Service (HOS)||Ten Hour Shifts (HOS)||Realignment (HOS)|
|Reduction in Force (HOS)||Recall (HOS)|
The company met with the union this week to share their draft plan on implementing Cross Utilization in Line Maintenance. The union will review the plan to make certain it is in accordance with the Interim Letter of Agreement.
|Jason Best||Mike Bush||Ken Coley||John Coveny|
|Dale Danker||Mark Huffman||Bennie Martino||Gary Peterson|
|Larry Pike||Sean Ryan||Jay Sleeman||Mark Strength|