That decision was released March 20 and the following are the items on which the Board ruled:
- Rates of pay: The 2 percent across the board increases on January 1, 2017, January 1, 2018, January 1, 2019, January 2, 2020 are awarded.
- Holiday Pay: Restore holidays to double time for all hours worked on a holiday and straight time pay for being off on the holiday are awarded.
- Personal Days Off: An additional eight (8) hours of paid time off is awarded. The company’s proposal to expand the list of Special Days requiring advance notice is accepted.
- Geographic Premium: The company’s proposal for introducing a geographic premium is accepted.
- Daily Overtime: The union’s proposal for restoration of daily overtime pay is rejected.
- Longevity Pay: The union’s proposal for introducing longevity premiums is rejected.
The tentative agreement reached with Envoy Air for TWU locals 570, 572, 574, and 576 in August was not ratified. TWU and the company jointly took the agreement to an Interest Arbitration Board to present evidence as to whether the current collective bargaining agreement should be adjusted. Both parties agreed to abide by the Board’s decision, which would govern the rates of pay and other relevant terms for the remaining years of the contract.