Published 22 Feb, 2012
Earlier this month TWU and the Communications Workers of America (CWA) entered into partnership with the goal of building a stronger alliance that will benefit over the 850,000 members they jointly represent. This partnership provides the unique opportunity for each of us to preserve and build upon TWU’s and CWA’s proud history. We will stand in solidarity and work together on joint projects that will allow us to further our goals of economic and social justice for all working families.
Both unions will work together in the following areas:
- Develop a closer relationship in order to maximize our efforts where we have common interests and issues.
- Facilitate joint efforts, both Domestic and Internationally in order to achieve specific goals and objectives
- Develop coordinated and innovative Legislative and Political campaigns and corporate strategies
- Evaluate areas of shared density for future growth and support with major emphasis on organizing
- Create information sharing mechanisms including research, education, training, health & safety, communications, legal etc.
Read the agreement letter signed by both TWU International President James C. Little and CWA International President Larry Cohen.